- CERETAB aims to improve border surveillance by enhancing cooperation between two EU Member States, Greece and Cyprus, via the exchange of vital information on their sea borders, in common areas of interest.
- In particular, in the framework of the project, the development of a Common Information Exchange Platform is foreseen, along with the procurement of borders’ surveillance systems.
- It is financed by Union Actions mechanism of Internal Security Fund/Borders and Visa, with a total budget of €1.023.990 (95% co-financing rate).
- The duration of the action was initially set to 24 months (01/12/2018 – 30/11/2020).
- After the approval of the 3rd amendment of the Grant Agreement, the Action’s duration was set to 51 months (until 28/02/2023).